REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST PRESENT A COPY OF DD 214 OR DISCHARGE FOR VERIFICATION
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
- Complete American Legion Membership application by going to our “Application” tab. Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to 15052 Archer Ave. Lockport, Illinois 60441, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.
- Present copy of DD 214 or Discharge for verification.
- Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above.
DO NOT SEND CASH.
- If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
- Please see eligibility dates on the application form.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
A. Completed Member Data Form
B. PRESENT COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE FOR VERIFICATION
C. COPY OF CURRENT MEMBERSHIP CARD
Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year’s membership.
FOR THE AMERICAN LEGION
Join Post 18 Today!